Sunday, December 21, 2008

Windows vs. Mac

Okay guys, if anyone's had a research project, then they know it's insane. Well, I have a research paper to do. My class was able to choose a topic and a certain writing style to use. I chose to do my project on the Windows OS vs the Mac OS. I also chose to write it in a comparative argument style. I'm still up in the air as of which one I want to back up. Here are my thoughts:
  • I'm a dedicated Windows user, and haven't been exposed to a Mac os more than a few times at my local BestBuy.
  • From what I know, Mac kills Windows in stability and security, however, Windows runs laps around Mac in compatibility and upgrade-ability. Obviously, these will be topics covered in my research paper.
  • With all of this in mind, I'm not sure which side to argue as the best. I want to go for Windows, but Mac sort of kills it. If I go for Mac, then that would be like explaining how a BMW is better than a Chevy. People already know Mac is better, so it'd be like convincing someone who likes, well, apples to like them even more.
  • Windows seems like the underdog, and it would be amazing if I can convince people that it is clearly the best option, but this would be a difficult task.
What I'm asking you all is for your thoughts on this whole research paper. Which is your favorite operating system and why? Which way do you think I should go with this? What do you think should be included in this paper? Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment